Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Eyeliner Tips

So I get a lot of ladies that come into my job and ask for an eyeliner that does not smear or come off, and what I actually tell them and what I want to tell them are two different things.... Come on people I have tried cheap drug store brands and I have tried expensive beauty store brands and I have honestly rarely ever had a problem. 

First off, to get your eye liner not to smear, or flake off.... DO NOT TOUCH IT.

Secondly, their are tons of different kinds of eyeliner, find one that works for you and fits you.

Pencil, Retractable Pencil, Liquid (has multiple types of brushes), Gel, Powder...

I like liquid eyeliner for my top lid, it is much easier to apply and gives a darker and solid line over a pencil.  For my bottom lid I usually use a pencil eyeliner and/or shadow. 

Now tips for getting your eyeliner to stay on your water line, when I started my job everyone recommended the Makeup Forever Aqua liner, which is suppose to be smudge proof, water proof... ect. But I found that even alone on my water line it still instantly comes off.
So to get it to stay here is what I do: First off make sure that your water line is dry, you can do this by wiping it off with a q-tip.  Next I use a black eyeliner pencil on the bottom waterline rim, and get a nice solid line.  Finally I take a powder, usually I do a shadow color but sometimes I do just a basic black, and I lightly pat the shadow over top of the pencil, in my bottom eyelashes, and in the top eyelashes as well. Gives my eyes a nice lined look.  


So here is my end result, just a nice soft result.
Products Used:
 Naked 3 palette for liner and shadow
Used MUFE Black Aqua Eyes Eyeliner
Benefit They're Real Mascara 
L'oreal Magic Nude Foundation
Lorac Rose Blush
Elf Baked Shadow in Enchanted for a Highlighter
Pixi Beauty Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched for Contour
BareMinerals Hydrating Mineral Veil
Didn't do my eyebrows today, was too lazy


No comments:

Post a Comment